Preschool - Amanecer Preschool
Amanecer Preschool Dates
In Person or Online Options Available
2021-2022 School Year
First Day of Class: August 5, 2021
Last Day of Class: May 25, 2022
Amanecer follows the GPS school calendar for holidays and breaks. There is no Amanecer Preschool on any district half days.
Complete information and the Amanecer Parent Handbook can be found on the district website: www.gilbertschools.net/amanecer
*3-5 (*3 by August 31st) -- Children may not attend until their 3rd birthday.
- AM 8:00-10:30
- PM 11:15-1:45
The AM session typically has more younger students and the PM session has more of the older students.
- Typically limited to 15 students
- Taught by an HQT Certified Teacher and a paraprofessional assistant
About the Program
GPS Amanecer Developmental Preschool is a play-based program, aligned with the Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards, with a focus on critical thinking skills and social/emotional development. Thematic units are explored by students using a variety of learning styles and modalities, which in turn, ignites curiosity and encourages sustained attention! Program is supplemented using Creative Curriculum intentional learning materials, We Thinkers! social emotional curriculum, and Learning Without Tears. Typically developing peers and those with developmental delays work together and grow in one inclusive environment.
Monthly Tuition and Fees
- $50 Registration Fee
- 3-day (M, T, TH) is $220.00 per month
- 4-day (M, T, TH, F) is $260.00 per month
- All days are 2 ½ hour class times
- 25% Discounted rates for GPS Employees
- Registration fee and 1st month tuition is due at registration and is NON-REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Program locations, days, & times are subject to change.
Requirements (in person preschool)
- Toilet Trained
- Fluent English (typically developing role-model)
Cost: $150 per month
Registration Fee: $35
Basic Preschool Supplies Included
Choose one session:
- AM 9:00 - 9:45 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
- PM 1:00 - 1:45 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
Taught by a HQ - Certified Teacher
Locations (Open Boundaries)
- Ashland Ranch
- Augusta Ranch
- Boulder Creek++
- Canyon Rim
- Carol Rae
- Gilbert Elem++
- Greenfield Elem
- Highland Park
- Mesquite Elem
- Oak Tree++
- Playa del Rey
- Quartz Hill
- Settler's Point
- Sonoma Ranch
- Superstition Springs
- Towne Meadows
- Val Vista Lakes
- ++Title I Supplement available at this locations, contact the Preschool Office for verification
Child Find Screenings
Gilbert Public School’s Amanecer Developmental Preschool provides early intervention/special education services to 3 to 5 year old children with qualifying developmental delays in the following areas: motor, social, speech/language, cognitive or adaptive behavior development. Eligibility is determined through formal assessment procedures. If you live within the Gilbert Public School district boundaries, and have concerns regarding your child’s development, please go to www.gilbertschools.net/amanecer and follow the Preschool Screening instructions to begin the testing process.
GPS Preschool Office